Privacy matters, but it can be confusing. We lay it all here on this page to explain our approach to privacy on all WALKALINE websites and how it affects you.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit to our website, like which of our pages you viewed.
- If you sign up with us, we take great care to keep your information safe and we will never share it with others without your express permission.
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
These are just the key points. If you need details, keep reading.
1. General and Introduction
Walkaline Sdn Bhd and Walkaline Solutions India Pvt Ltd ("WALKALINE") (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Company”) respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personally identifiable information we may collect, and how we might use this information. This policy also describes other important topics relating to your privacy.
It is WALKALINE policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws in compliance with the respective legal and regulatory requirements [Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010, and India Data (Privacy and Protection) Act, 2017] ("Act"). This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our employees, customers, business partners and others who share their personal information with us.
This Policy covers and explains Personal Data collection, processing, storage, retention and disclosure by WALKALINE and also describes how WALKALINE protects your privacy when we collect personal information on our websites. As used in this Policy, the term "personal information" refers to information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us.
This Policy applies, in general, to websites and any other online presence and information operated by us or on behalf of WALKALINE and its businesses.
2. Collection of Personal Data
We collect and process personal data in the course of your dealings with us, which includes your data without limitation:
- your personal details such as your name, company name, residential address, contact number, email address, date of birth, race, gender, marital status, national registration identity card number, passport number and nationality,
- your payment details, such as your debit / credit card number and issuing bank of your debit / credit card; and
- any details relating to any other person(s) who may be identified by the information, data or documents you submit to us; or
- any other personal information you provide us in the course of your dealings with us.
(collectively referred to as "Personal Data")
We may collect Personal Data:
- when you ask us about our product(s) or service(s) or otherwise communicate with us;
- when you enter into a contract with us;
- when you participate in our promotional events;
- from publicly available sources;
- when you access our website;
- when we provide any goods or services to you;
- when you provide us with feedback; or
- where relevant, from third parties.
3. Measuring our visitors
- We measure visitors to our websites using Google Analytics. This service records what pages you view within our website, how you arrived at our website and some basic information about your computer.
- We anonymize the data in Google Analytics – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our website.
- The information we collect helps us understand what or which parts or pages of our websites are doing well, how people arrive at our website and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better and more visitor friendly.
- You can learn more about Google Analytics or opt out if you wish. Google Analytics data is automatically deleted 26 months after your last visit.
4. Live chat
- We use Tawk so you can talk to us live or offline while browsing our website. Much like an analytics service, Tawk records the pages you view within our site and some basic information about your computer. This information helps our sales and support staff provide you with the best help possible.
- While browsing our websites, your information is anonymized – Tawk only knows your email address and name if you choose to share it as part of a live chat. However, when you chat with us live, we share basic information with Tawk such as your name and email address so that we can better provide you with support should you contact us.
- We also use Tawk to send you relevant messages (by email or pop-up) based on your current activity, e.g., a welcome message with links to our website or supporting documentation when you visit our website and message us.
- Tawk data gets deleted 9 months after your last visit.
We use Site123 as our website platform and use their provided hosting services for email etc. for sales, services or technical support, we store this communication on Site123. Your email address, name and any other information contained in your message to us will be stored by them.
6. If you sign up for our products and services
- When you sign up for or use any of our services – paid or otherwise – we will record specific personal information about you, such as your name and email address.
- We will also collect and store information about your use of our products and services to improve them. For example, we keep a log of what features, products or services are being used at any time.
- We also log accounts and transaction history for accounting purposes, and to monitor our business activities.
- Any data you provide us with is securely stored in databases managed by us and hosted by Google. Google does not have access to your data.
- We will delete your data from our servers 12 months after you terminate your service with us. We may retain information where it is legally necessary (e.g., for accounting and auditing reasons). If you wish for us to delete your personal data sooner, please email us at support (@) walkaline (dot) biz.
7. Improving your experience
- Once you arrive on our websites, we may also track your visit using or Fullstory.
- These services record your activity while using our products so that we can analyze the experience of our users and diagnose problems. Sensitive data, such as passwords and payment details, are obscured from the recordings.
- You can opt-out to the use of these services across all apps (not just WALKALINE products) using the following links: FullStory opt out.
- We may send you email notifications regarding your purchase of our products and services (such as invoices) or which you have specifically requested (such as newsletters or notifications when a report is completed). You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
- We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third party except where they are specifically employed to help deliver our own services, as detailed above.
9. Paying for our services
- Payment processing for Malaysia we use Stripe Malaysia, and Curlec, for India we use Instamojo and Razorpay apps and DSign provides integration as well as Stripe India, for our online store provided and supported by ECWID
- When paying by credit or debit card, WALKALINE does not ever have any access to your card or bank details. We only share information with our payment providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website.
- If you pay for our products or services via invoice, the information required to raise the invoice will be stored online in accounting Waveapps for offline and ECWID for online.
- The details of your financial transactions with us are stored in Waveapps for offline and ECWID for online for the purposes of analytics and internal reporting.
10. Internal communication
We use G Suite and Hubspot for internal communication relating to sales and support of our products. To fulfil the required services and duties, our staff uses these services to share basic contact details with colleagues and partners, such as your name and email address. In all cases, our staff and partners treat your data with care and abide by our data protection policies.
The mentioned technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Services; (3) tailor the Services around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of the Services; (5) understand the effectiveness of our communications; and (6) otherwise manage and enhance the Services.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before placing cookies or similar technologies on your computer. You can stop certain types of cookies from being downloaded to your computer by selecting the appropriate settings for your web browser.
We may use Personal Data in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- providing customer care and enhancing customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to requests and enquiries, warranty, returns and other after-sales services;
- managing and maintaining our relationship with you;
- keeping you informed of products or services such as promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- for internal record keeping or other administrative purposes;
- for statistical analysis purposes;
- for recruitment purposes;
- for information management and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administering e-mail, handling and investigating any security related issues, vulnerability, and/or incidents;
- to exercise of any functions conferred by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- for any purpose incidental, ancillary or in furtherance for the above-mentioned purposes
(collectively referred to as "Purposes").
12. Disclosure to Third Parties
If and when necessary in connection with the above purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed and / or transferred to third parties which may or may not be located outside their respective Walkaline Office(s), including but not limited to:
- our affiliates;
- our employees, authorized agents, contractors and other third-party service providers who provide services to WALKALINE for any of the purposes contemplated in Section 11;
- external professional advisers and auditors; and/or
- government departments and authorities.
In addition to the above, we may also disclose and transfer Personal Data to the above third parties for the purposes of any corporate exercise involving WALKALINE including any merger or acquisition.
13. Security of Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of the Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
14. Access and Correction
You may review, change or request the deletion of your personal information by sending us a written request via the email address provided in Section 19 below.
- We may reject your request and will provide a reason for such rejection; or impose a prescribed fee on you to the extent permitted by law.
15. Consent, Withdrawal of Consent and Opt-Out
Except as otherwise provided in this Notice, we only collect the personal data that you provide to us.
- If you would prefer that we do not collect Personal Data from you, please do not provide us with any such information or access to our website.
- By visiting our website, providing Personal Data to us, or otherwise interacting with us, you shall be deemed to have read and consented to the processing of the Personal Data in the manner described in this Notice.
- You may withdraw your consent to our processing for any of the above Purposes, at any time by contacting us via the contact details provided below at Section 9.
- If we do not receive any notification from you concerning our processing of your Personal Data, we shall proceed to continue to process the same for the Purposes as set out above, on the basis that you have consented to our current as well as all our previous processing of the Personal Data in accordance with this notice.
- Please note that we may not be able to provide you with our goods or services if you do not provide us with your consent or withdraw your consent for any of the Purposes.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions in this Notice, you may opt out of or unsubscribe from receiving our promotional materials by emailing us via the contact details provided at Section 9.
- Where you provide us with Personal Data of other data subject(s), you agree that you shall ensure that the data subject(s) has given consent to this notice.
16. Our Websites
We may provide links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for those websites. If you are redirected to or otherwise visiting any other site through WALKALINE, please review the privacy policies of the respective websites.
- A "cookie" is an element of data that can be sent to your browser. Your browser may then store it on your system based on the preferences you have set on your browser.
- Cookies gather information about your operating system, including but not limited to, browser type, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Our websites use this information to analyze the traffic on our websites, and better serve you when you return to our websites.
- It is not our intention to use such information to personally identify a user.
- You have the option to configure your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- Furthermore, you have the option to block all cookies.
- Please note, however, that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies, you may not be able to use all of the functionality available on the website.
WALKALINE takes many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secure data centers behind firewalls
- All access to information is restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions on what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we take great care to ensure that any confidential information remains protected, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Of course, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at WALKALINE will ever ask you for your password, so please do not trust anybody asking you for it.
18. Updates to this policy
19. Any questions, Inquiries and Complaints?